Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Floral Skirt converted to Floral Top

Here is the end result of re-fashioning a floral skirt into a top. Fortunately I had enough fabric left over from making the skirt that I was able to make sleeves and add a small amount of fabric to the shoulders. If I had not added the fabric to the shoulders the top would have been shorter. I decided to risk having unmatched fabric (some had been washed and some not) and make the top the normal length I wear it - which is to just above hip, with a wide belt. This photo is NOT one of my most flattering - and it does not do the top justice. I wore this to work with the brown stretchy skirt and a very wide obi style red belt. Alas I did not take any pictures, so I hope my descriptions are good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!