Sunday, September 5, 2010

1950s Party Costum

I am going to a 60th birthday party in a couple of weeks and the theme is 1950s. I am wearing this skirt... previously blogged about here:

http://hissandroar.blogspot.com/2010/05/skirt-that-started-it-all.html

On Thursday of last week I went to the Butterflies Shop on a quest for a decent slip to go under the longer skirts I have. As you all know, I am easily lead astray....... and I found a fabulous turquoise blue polyester shirt for $1 ABBA brand, $5 polyester wrap robe with divine border print, c 1970, and a medium size medium length slip $3. What I neglected to do was hold the slip up against me so when I got home and tried to try it on...I could barely get it past my mid thigh LOL.

Photos of garments tastefully displayed on Chil-daw mannequin in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!