Saturday, March 15, 2014

Red shoes or silver?


Frock on Friday - Friday 14th March:



Polyester dress with pintucked bodice and circle skirt, possibly 1980's, $3 from Toffs, worn with Made by Me Elvis obi, silver plastic shoes

I was teased a fair bit at work on Friday due to Cyclone Lusi which was heading towards Northern New Zealand.  My dress had a cyclonic look about it as I twirled around the office.

Earlier in the week I wore the Made by med dress again.  


Dress Made by Me with digital print fabric from Tessuti, red leather shoes, old faithfuls from Frames in Dunedin, plastic bangles and beads all thrifted.  Hair flower, belt and watch all retail.

It's late on a Sunday afternoon as I type this and there's been nearly an eight hour delay in posting this due to an internet interruption this morning.  There is cloud down to ground level and its pouring with rain.  I have finished a skirt and put the sleeves in a top.  The fire is lit and I am cooking a roast chicken.  I bought several old sewing patterns again yesterday so I am going to update my database.  

Hope your weekend has been productive and enjoyable!
Bye Penny-Rose 

7 comments:

  1. The Captain & I groaned in envy that you're cold enough for a fire! We're laying about in the lounge room, each under a fan. I sure wish we could do a weather swap!! You're so pretty & floaty in that first dress, & I always love the second one on you. The shape & the colours are magnificent! Enjoy that chicken tonight! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a twirly frock to keep your spirits up, and the print on the dress you made is gorgeous. Roast dinner for us tonight too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Penny-made dress is gorgeous, what fab colours! I'm too clumsy for twirling, I'd probably break a hip! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three dollars for a fabulous dress - I love where you shop! Awesome dress you made, and I love the big honking flower in your hair. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the red shoes. I get dizzy when I twirl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you save me some of that chicken?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so wet that my roof sprung a leak!
    p.s You have a database? Are you a closet librarian?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!