Thursday, August 1, 2013

Several outfits for your viewing pleasure






At the end of last week I managed to post a Frock on Friday pic to Facebook, but was so overcome with opshopping exhaustion that I was not able to post one to my blog.

So without further ado, I present the $1 dress from Presbyterian Support:


  




Vintage polyester dress from Presbyterian Support Shop $1 (previously $12)
White knitted bag with plastic handles, Toffs $2
Red vinyl bag, Hospice Shop

I called in to the Presbyterian Support Shop again earlier this week, and this time, all the items in the "Lower Shop" were half price.  So I rummaged around and found this vision of loveliness:


Bonds Knitmaster Dress with awesome border print - 50 cents
Blue belt, beads and bangles all thrifted

Today, I called into the St Vinnies on George Street and saw a pair of Christian Laboutin (they looked genuine to me) priced at $10.  Now they may have been knock-offs but they were still in perfect almost unworn condition, and still a bargain.  Alas I am not a size 40.  

I am going to round of this week with a trio of skirt outfits.  Yes, round off, because I am going away tomorrow for a long weekend.  I am not sure that I will be taking part in FOF, because when I am travelling I tend to wear jeans and tee shirts, but I might surprise you!


Left: pleated Sally Small wool and cotton skirt, gift from colleague, worn with blue polyester vintage shirt, Glengyle cardigan, thrifted belt 

Centre: pleated vintage skirt from School Fair, pink georgette blouse gift from a colleague, belt, shoes and tights all retail

Right: vintage embroidered Indian skirt from Toffs with thrifted cotton cardigan and black top


Bye for now, I hope you are all having a good week,
Penny-Rose

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break - I am sure you all will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely pics....the first frock looks gorgeous on you, & I'm loving the double bag action. I bought a Bonds Knitmaker dress on our trip to NZ last year. I've never seen that label over here in Australia. Your skirts look fab too. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm still stressing over how much I can fit in my suitcase. Only 2.5 weeks!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the print and pussy bow of the first dress, the print around the bottom and the bell sleeves of the second, and that Indian skirt is always a winner!
    Btw, are your photos bigger? They seem to be, I am enjoying being able to see the details!
    Have a great weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the knitmaker dress, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Indian skirt - as always! The print of the first dress is fun and funky, too. Loving the new photos, we can see you in all your glory! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely outfits! Especially love the accordion pleat shirt and pink shirt:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Love absolutely all these garments ... I'm very jealous that you find garments with those prices where you live ... here it's impossible! Happy week, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that the second dress has the measurements on the tag. If all clothes were like that I'd never have to return another garment again! (or haul a baby into the dressing room with me)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!