Friday, July 16, 2010

My Chil-daw Mannequin


This mannequin was kindly given to my by my friend Glenys. She told me that it originally came from thew Sew Hoy Building / Factory in Stafford Street. Although she is a little askew - she is almost my shape if I wind the wheels out to maximum. As it happens the Sew Hoy building is now home to SAVEMART which is where I bought my lavendar fur stole. One time when I was there late one Sunday one of the shop assistant and I were talking about it being a spooky place to be at night and she told me that there is a ghost - Mr Sew Hoy ended his life by swinging from the top floor by his neck.

Here is a great website explaining a bit about these mannequins:
http://www.vintagestylemannequins.co.uk/item_188/Vintage-British-Chil-Daw-AdjustableTailors-Dressform-Mannequin.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!