Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bambi Extravaganza

As promised, here are some photos of my Bambi collection, I hope you enjoy them:

My very first Bambi - bought for a couple of dollars
from the 2nd hand furniture and houseware store near where I work

This big-eared Bambi is probably Japanese
bought off Trademe

Bambi bookends, made in Japan

Bambi with wire carriage - the little cart is long gone.
Possibly part of a salt and pepper set

A family of three figures I inherited from my dear mother-on-law
The figure on the left is a kangaroo but it was always positioned
on the shelf sitting beside the other two, so I could not exclude it
from the photo!

A lovely family of three Bambi - all in surprisingly good condition

Japanese saki bottle - with Bambi
a gift from my dear friend Cindy


Japanese Bambi vase - this one has enormous eyes!

Snow White, a dwarf and a bambi
bought as a set from Trademe.

This figures are really really small!

6 comments:

  1. Wow - what an adorable collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beehive matches ... awwwwwwwwww:). Sorry, I am admiring your beautiful Bambi collection but the matches make me think of NZ. I adore the bookends so much and my you have such a fantastic growing collection! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy collection of Bambi's!!!! They are just the cutest! It's pretty hard to pick a favourite from that gorgeous group, but I think I like the first two the best. Did you notice that Bambi with the cart is the same as the set I found in Mayfield? Small world! I'd say I got my birds & donkey from the same shop in Dunedin....just down from the op shops on St Andrews Street? Thanks for sharing your lovely collection. I'm sure it will continue to grow too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a cute collection! THanks for sharing! I love the 6th photo of the little family with pink inside their ears- so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bambi collection - especially the bookends - so cute!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!