Happy New Year!
Annabelle-Alice wears cotton top with broderie cowl collar and gingham skirt with applique roses. In the background, along the window sill you can see a turquoise frosted glass candlestick on the left and on the right a blue one with a pink flower posey just visible.
This year, I hope to achieve the following:
1. continue to buy second hand clothes - be they second hand, thrift, free, brand new with tags but unworn, unwanted gifts, or in the lost property box, or rubbish. I will not buy brand new;
2. regularly conduct a wardrobe audit: orphans (clothes which go with nothing or only one thing) and lemons (don't suit or fit me or I don't like, or were impulse purchases) must be removed;
3. orphans and lemons must be taken to Recycle Boutique or Refind Rig, or promoted on Trade Me, until sold and if not sold then donated to charity. Arrange a clothes swap at work or a stall at the Port Chalmers Fair;
4. discover fair trade or organic or bamboo underwear;
5. costume jewellery, scarves, gloves and shoes which have not seen the light of day for a season are to be treated like orphan or lemon clothing NOT pushed to the back of the wardrobe/drawer/box;
6. sew my own pyjamas or night shirt;
7. sew an item of clothing for a friend for no reason other than I would like to;
8. finish knitting projects which were started last winter;
9. keep a record of the money spent on clothes, the time spent sewing;
10. update this blog once a week at least!