Thursday, March 8, 2012

Smiling so much my face could split in two...

This evening to my delight I found out that the lovely Vintage Bird Girl has awarded me a Liebster Blog award.  I am smiling so much that I think my face will split in two!!  


Because I am still in a state of stunned amazement and warm fuzzies I am going to think about my top 5 picks and post over the weekend.  


Blogging is pretty much the one activity that links me to other like minded thrifting, treasure-hunting, op-shopping people.  Most of my colleagues and friends accept my second-hand quirky fashion but do not buy second hand.  My dear friend Cindy has a love of buttons and craft and she and I are on the same creative wavelength which is awesome.  But when it comes to squealing over a treasured item found for 50 cents then I find myself looking to the computer screen for company.  And what company I am amongst.  I follow a lot of blogs - and oh my goodness some of them make me feel totally consumed with lust for vintage items, cute knicknacks, jewellry, crochet, you name it, I find reading blogs more satisfying that any glossy magazine, because we share part of ourselves.  That sense of cameraderie is what is so rewarding.  


Thank you Vintage Bird Girl for giving me this award.  You have made me one very happy vintage loving op shopping Dunedinite.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad that my award has brought some happiness to you. You were one of the very first blogs I started following, which then inspired me to start writing my own. So thank you. And thanks for all of your Dunedin thrifting tips which I do hope to put into action during another trip in August...as long as there's no polar event this year! Blessings to you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to be appreciated, isn't it? I agree totally that the vintage/thrifting/crafty blogging community is a wonderful place to be, and SO agree that reading blogs is way more satisfying and inspirational that magazines. VBG is a honey! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your award and can I just say how fabulous you looked in the gold lurex frock yesterday! Blogging is the best, from being the only misfit in the town we've created an international sisterhood of like-minded ladies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harrah for internet camaraderie! Blogging is a great way to connect with others. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!