Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Productivity Outcomes - Variable

Hi y'all.  I have been silent for a few days because I have been at home tending to my sick Daughter and as you may know, the broadband at my place is pretty sad, so updating takes time, and photos are a no no.

It was a very pleasant surprise to see that I now have 8 followers - Thanks Jess for following my blog :-)

There are a few little news items I want to mention:

1. the waistcoat is (or should I type WAS) nearly finished, I was just at the point of handsewing the internal side seems when I tried it on for the 3rd or 4th time and realised I did not like it. It needs to be shortened and I plan to take before and after photos to show you.  Honestly.  I will take photos. 

2. I visited Spotlight on Saturday, I know I know, I said I would not go there again (for a really long time anyway) but I HAD to get out of the house and so it made sense to go somewhere interesting and warm.  I bought 2 meters of zebra stripe pink purple and blue sweatshirt material to make Daughter track pants and top to wear around house as it is probably a bit too vibrant for wearing to school ie it is not black skinny jeans and a tee shirt.  Also 1.5 m of dark blue / petrol coloured needle cord to make her a pair of trousers, but I have since decided I might make myself a skirt out of it!!

3.  Preceding trip to Spotlight I went to ReStore to look at patterns in the hope of finding one for trackpants and sweatshirt for Dear D.  BINGO found one almost straight away and also a skirt pattern.  Got these and a pair of green retro Swedish patterned placemats (??) for $2.  Photos to follow.  Anyway, this proved to be an extremely good thing to do because when I looked at the pattern books in Spotlight there was nothing that seemed age appropriate for Dear D and no decent trousers for me, so even though there was 40% patterns I did not buy any.

4.  In Spotlight I heard from one of the assistants that Global fabrics are opening in Dunedin.  I was only vaguely aware of them.  I can now report that an empty shop in lower Stuart Street near R & R Sport is now tidied up and adorned with a sign saying "Global Fabrics opening soon".  Spotlight lady said she thought they might lose quite a few customers (initially).  I like Spotlight though, because it is big and there's lots of room and very important natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!